Sunday, May 11, 2008

hurry up and wait

So did i mention the army is slow? well it turns out its VERY slow, and obnoxious to boot. 

First the slow part: i called to find out what's happening with the results for the paratroopers because they said 2-3 weeks from the date of the tryout. Well, now their saying its going to be another month maybe. It's like college admissions all over again. Im trying to just go with the assumption that i didn't make it, that way if i make it i will be happily surprised, and if i don't at least i wont stress this whole month for nothing. 

As for being obnoxious, i checked my personal profile for the army on the web and found out they pushed my draft date back to october again. they did this to me once before in march, and i sent them a fax which took care of the problem and i got a july date again. But now they did it again, which for a complicated and uninteresting reason might screw me out of getting into the paratroopers. So i sent them another fax explaining the situation and requesting to get my original draft date back and now i wait...  

funny story: when i asked the girl at the office in charge of drafting paratroopers whether the date change was going to affect my acceptance she said "i dont know" and then i asked if i could speak to someone who did know and she goes "i dont know." I imagine her sitting there, twirling her ponytail with one hand, twirling gum with other, rolling her eyes and then continuing to read the latest issue of US weekly or some Israeli equivalent. This army is run on the coffee breaks of 18 year old brats. I think I've used that line before, and I'm proven more right every day. 

and so... 

"i am a patient boy 
i wait i wait i wait i wait 
my time is like water down a drain"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ariele... I love you! good luck!