Thursday, July 3, 2008

the day of reckoning

so i finally did it, i shaved my head. 

now i feel like a person whose joining the army in 3 days. people here have been giving me gifts for the army non stop, so i have an entire new wardrobe consisting of olive green and white t-shirts, army socks, new underwear, new toiletries bag and a new monstrous backpack to carry it all in. im fully equipped to sit on my ass and do nothing for three weeks at a special base for recent immigrants... 
on the bright side, the army restored my faith in them for the first time since i started this seemingly endless process. They called me this morning on their own initiative and informed me that they realized it was retarded for me to drive all the way to haifa (over an hour north) just to get on a bus to take me back to tel aviv, so i could go to the induction center myself and i just have to be there by 9 am. maybe theres hope for this country after all. 

anyways, heres the haircut i will sport for the next couple of years, and heres cece. 






No comments: