Saturday, May 2, 2009

sir yes sir!

i promised myself i wouldn't start this post by commenting on how long its been since my last post, i've obviously failed at that , so let me just say that i'm no good at blogging regularly and that once a month isn't terrible considering my limited amount of free time and my immense propensity to procrastinate. Some of my more avid followers (faryn, i'm thinking of you here) might point out that i haven't posted in nearly 2 months, and to you i say: hush. 
you'd think with two months to gather material id have more to say, but to be honest i can't think of a damn thing worth talking about. I started the commander course i was talking about last month. I think the course is the source of my writer's block. nothing really happens, id be hard pressed to describe a typical day there, somehow the days just go by, we run a lot, sit through a lot of classes i dont pay attention in, and then every so often we go down to the field for a few days to run exercises. The people im doing the course with are really great, met some good guys from all the different infantry units, its a fun little melting pot of the infantry units, lots of rivalries and jokes about each other's units. All in all i'm having a good time, but im definitely ready for a trip home. i finish the course in july so hopefully ill be coming home for a few weeks towards the end of july. dont mark ur calendars yet, but im working on it. 

in other news, i moved rooms in my apt, so now my room looks a lot less like a prison cell, though i still have the serial killer fridge in my room. Another one of my american friends from the paratroopers moved into my place, so now its 3 lone paratroopers and my one israeli roommate who plays mother to us all. The 3 of us went to her family's house near haifa for the weekend a couple weeks ago, it was pretty cool, apparently her dad is a parrot whisperer. He raises endangered parrots and treats traumatized birds and rehabilitates them, all from his backyard. its like a crazy parrot zoo back there and he built it all himself, it was unreal. he also has a pretty sick white handle bar mustache. quite a character. 

as usual, im writing this post well past my bedtime. The clock is ticking and soon i will turn back into a pumpkin. i might as well get a few dreams in before that happens. 
ZzzZz


p.s.

tip of the month: 
check out the all songs considered live concerts podcast, lots of gems to be found. Especially this somali/canadian rapper named K'naan.






No comments: